Action 4.2.1 : Increasing the reliability of degradation curves for engineering uses
The sensitivity of the site response analysis to ground non-linearities is well known. Characterization of the non-linear behaviour of the ground is mainly based on laboratory tests, that raises the usual questions of representativeness and uncertainties associated with these tests.
- bibliographic synthesis of the published G-g and D-g expressions proposed by various authors
- potentially implement some specific lab tests
- characterization of the variability of the curves for a given material
- representativeness of the lab tests; adjustment on in-situ tests and on actual records in bore-hole and free field
- relevance of degradation curves expressed as a function of a shear strain ratio g/gr
Bibliographic synthesis and guideline for the choice of the good Ggamma curve in engineering studies.