Action 2.2 : Archeoseismicity
Develop new methods for archeoseismicity
- Explore the structural characteristics of heritage buildings
- Understand the behavior of masonries under seismic load
- Involve a multi-disciplinary team of archaeologists, seismologists, structural engineers and architects
Program of research
- Develop a methodology to estimate peak ground motion from the analysis of historical buildings
- Characterize the response of historical buildings under seismic load by combining on-field measurements, structural/architectural perspective and mechanical modelling.
- Use ambient seismic noise techniques to characterize the frequency response of selected historical buildings.
- Type: Post-doc, Internship, Research study
- Collaboration: G. Poursoulis (consultant), ENS Paris-Saclay, EDF
- Status: In progress (started 2017)